What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site.
Cookies enable storing an identifier so the website can remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language) over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
There are different types of cookies:
- 'Strictly Necessary' cookies let you move around the website and use essential features like secure areas and shopping baskets. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services;
- 'Performance' cookies collect information about how you use our site e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our site works, understand what interests our users and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
- 'Third-party' cookies are cookies that another party -that provides services on our behalf- places on your device when you use browse this website. Some third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
This page describes what information they gather, how we use it and why we sometimes need to store these cookies. We will also share how you can prevent these cookies from being stored however this may downgrade or 'break' certain elements of the sites functionality.
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies
The Glasnevin Trust website runs on the Roxen content management system.
- To run properly, Roxen requires the following:
- Name(s): RoxenUserID
- By tracking the session the webserver only needs to send incremental information to your computer, instead of everything each time a new page is opened.
- No opt-out is offered.
- No marketing, profiling or analysis is performed
To purchase flowers or genealogy credits, we use Shopify. Shopify place the following cookies:
- _ab Used in connection with access to admin.
- _orig_referrer Used in connection with shopping cart.
- _secure_session_id Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.
- Cart Used in connection with shopping cart.
- cart_sig Used in connection with checkout.
- cart_ts Used in connection with checkout.
- checkout_token Used in connection with checkout.
- Secret Used in connection with checkout.
- Secure_customer_sig Used in connection with customer login.
- storefront_digest Used in connection with customer login.
- _landing_page Track landing pages.
- _orig_referrer Track landing pages.
- _s Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_fs Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_s Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_sa_p Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
- _shopify_sa_t Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
- _shopify_uniq Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_visit Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_y Shopify analytics.
- _y Shopify analytics. tracked_start_checkout Shopify analytics relating to checkout.
For website analytics, videos, recent comments, we use the following third party services:
- Google Analytics
- Function: Analytics. Google analytics are used to collect anonymised data on how visitors use webpages.
- Name(s): _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmt, _utmz
- __utmc: End of browser session. Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
- __utmv: 2 years from set/update. Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecated _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
- For further information go to: www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy
- Function: To host videos
- For further information, go to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en-GB.
- Trip Advisor (tripadvisor.ie).
- Function: To provide Glasnevin Trust with recent reviews, Glasnevin Trust embeds a widget that places cookies..
- ServerPool: Used for viewing embedded content from TripAdvisor, including payment of referral commission fees and user tracking across websites. Kept for the length of the session
- TACds: Used for viewing embedded content from TripAdvisor, including payment of referral commission fees and user tracking across websites. Kept for 2 months
- TASession: Used for viewing embedded content from TripAdvisor, including payment of referral commission fees and user tracking across websites. Kept for the length of the session
- TAUnique Used for viewing embedded content from TripAdvisor, including payment of referral commission fees and user tracking across websites. Kept for 2 years
- For more explanation on the following cookies: CM, TATravelInfo, TART, PMC, SRT, TASSK , please consult Trip Advisor tripadvisor.mediaroom.com/caen-privacy-policy
How to control and delete cookies
Note: if you set your browser to disable session cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our site.