Website Terms & Conditions
1. Photography Publications
All photos or video taken in Glasnevin Cemetery or of Glasnevin Cemetery Museum or any of the Glasnevin Trust Cemeteries and Crematoria (Goldenbridge Cemetery, Newlands Cross Cemetery, Palmerstown Cemetery, Dardistown Cemetery & Glasnevin Cemetery) cannot be published in written or online material without prior consent of Glasnevin Trust.
Book Extract Images as shown in our Online Genealogy Service can also not be published in written or online material without prior consent of Glasnevin Trust.
2.1 This website (the “Website”) is operated by the Glasnevin Trust (“We”, “us” or “our”). Please read the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) carefully as they set out the basis upon which we will grant you access to the Website and permit you to avail of the goods and services via the Website. Once you have read these Terms and Conditions click the “Accept” button at the point of purchase to proceed. By clicking the “Accept” button, you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Statement. Please read all contents of both documents carefully.
Funeral Director and professional Genealogists, if you wish to register on the site, terms and conditions must be signed and returned to [email protected] to activate your registration.
2.2 We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason. Any such revised terms shall be posted on the Website and where such revisions are material they shall be notified to you by means of a notice on the Website indicating the date of revision and you shall be asked to confirm your acceptance to such revised Terms and Conditions by clicking on an acceptance icon
2.3 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland. The courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
3. Description of the Website
3.1 This Website provides users with information relating to our activities, goods and services. It also provides users with the ability to purchase our goods and services and, where the user registers as a funeral director, with access to our burial and cremation database to aid with arrangements for an impending burial or cremation.
4. Intellectual Property
4.1 We own or licensed to use all intellectual property rights (including all copyrights, patents, trade marks, database rights, trade secrets whether registered or unregistered) which subsist in the Website, its content (including the burial and cremation database) and underlying software (the “Materials”).
4.2 Subject to compliance at all times with these Terms and Conditions, you are granted a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable licence, solely to the extent reasonably required for educational, personal, internal and/or non-commercial purposes, to:
(a) browse and reproduce extracts of the Website;
(b) purchase goods and services from the Website;
(c) read, display and view the burial and cremation database on the Website to search this database and/or print a single hard copy of the results of your research;
(d) read, display and view the burial and cremation database on the Website where you are registered with us a funeral director provided that you incorporate in any extract a clear written acknowledgement of the fact that such extracts are from our website and all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices are left intact. The permission to reproduce extracts does not extend to any material on this Website which is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned
4.3 Any other use of the Materials, including any form of copying or reproduction (for any purposes other than those noted above) modification, distribution, re-publication, extraction, re-utilisation, incorporation or integration with other materials or works or re-delivery using framing technology, without our prior written permission is strictly prohibited and is in violation of its intellectual property and proprietary rights. Applications for permission for any other use should be addressed to the [email protected]
5. How to transact with us
5.1 This Website allows you to purchase or book the following goods and services:
(a) You can purchase credits to use the genealogy burial and cremation database to research for non-commercial purposes.
(b) You can purchase flowers which will be delivered to the address you specify.
(c) Funeral directors registered with us will be allocated credits to allow archive searching of our burial and cremation database to assist with booking funerals and cremations.
(d) Monumental purchases cannot be made through the site, but enquiries can be made by filling out the on screen enquiry form.
5.2 Genealogy – You will be asked to enter the First name, Surname and date of death of the person who’s records you are looking for. If the record is found it will be displayed in summary form. You can then select the relevant record for releasing to your account in standard or extended form (depending if there are more burials within the same grave). You will be informed of the cost of releasing the selected record and you will be asked for you credit/debit card details through your shopping basket. Once the order is confirmed the record(s) can be viewed in your account.
5.3 Florist - You simply place the item or service you require in your shopping basket by clicking on the ADD TO ORDER button whenever you see an item or service you would like to buy. Adding an item or service to your basket does not commit you to buy as you can always remove it later. You can review the contents of your basket at any time by clicking the REVIEW ORDER button. Once you have found all the items and services you need, go to the checkout and pay for your purchases by following the simple instructions given there.
5.4 Funeral Services: Funeral Directors must contact us at [email protected] to register as a user. Credits will be added to your account and additional Funeral Director resources and bookings sections will be made available to you. Cost per search will be determined by your account status and records released to your account can be viewed for a maximum of 7 days.
Please ensure that you include the following information with your order, as we cannot process your order without this information:
(a) name;(b) e-mail address: (c) contact telephone number; (d) credit card type; (e) full name as displayed on the card, the credit card number, and expiry date of the card, and 3 digit CVV code; (f) billing address; (e) delivery address for flowers and delivery option required; (f) items you require.
6. Acceptance of orders
All orders are subject to acceptance by us. Once we have received your order, we will endeavour to confirm the details of your order on the web site with a copy of the details of your order being sent to you by e-mail.
7. Delivery of Flowers
We deliver flowers ordered on the same day to our Cemeteries. Orders for same day delivery must be booked before 12.00pm (GMT)
The delivery charges that apply to your purchases are specified in your shopping basket page, prior to proceeding with you order. Enquiries for deliveries to other area, please contact [email protected]
If your goods do not arrive within the date specified above please contact us at [email protected] quoting the receipt number, which you will have received following completion of the checkout process.
Prices for items and services which may be purchased on this website are set out at flowers page and include VAT at the appropriate rate. We reserve the right to change its prices at any time. Irrespective of any change of prices, you will be charged the price which was specified for the goods or service when you ordered.
You can pay by credit or debit card. We accept Mastercard, Visa and Laser. All credit and debit card purchases are subject to validation and credit checks.
10. Right of Cancellation
In circumstances where you are a "consumer" witrhin the meaning of the EC (Protection of Consumers in respect of Contracts made by means of Distance Communications) Regulations, 2001 (i.e. you are not acting in the course of your business as, for example a Funeral Director), you have the right to cancel any item or service you have ordered on this web site and obtain a search credit refund onto your Glasnevin Trust signin, subject to the following:
(a) Where you have purchased time to use the cemetery and cremation database, you have the right to cancel your order within seven days of the date on which we.confirm your purchase as long as you have not availed of any time you have purchased.
(b) Where you have purchased a record from our cemetery and cremation database, you may cancel as long as the record has not been released to your account from our cemeterey and cremation database. Please note that once your order has been accepted by us, the record will automatically be released to your account and it will not be possible at that stage to cancel your purchase.
(c) As our website does not store credit card details, once payment has been authorised online, we cannot process a payment refund back onto your credit card.
(d) You do not have a right to cancel any order for flowers which has been accepted by us as this relates to an order of perishable goods.
11. Returns and Refunds for Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
These terms set out the basis on which you can purchase tickets for your visit to Glasnevin Cemetery Museum.
The management reserves the right at all times to refuse admission.
By purchasing tickets for Glasnevin Cemetery Museum you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by and subject to the following Terms and Conditions and have read and agree to the use of the information you provide us with.
1. Once your tickets have been purchased, the ticket is non-changeable and non-refundable except at the absolute discretion of Glasnevin Cemetery Museum Management.
2. All prices are quoted in Euro. Whilst we reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices at any time before you book, once your booking is confirmed the price of your booking as stated in the confirmation email will not be altered.
3. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that Glasnevin Cemetery Museum and all of its exhibits/displays are open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However, Glasnevin Cemetery Museum reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise and with or without prior notice to close Glasnevin Cemetery Museum or any part of it. In the event of such closure, Glasnevin Cemetery Museum will refund any visitor the cost of his or her prepaid ticket. Otherwise Glasnevin Cemetery Museum shall have no liability whatsoever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses in respect of closure of part or all of Glasnevin Cemetery Museum.
4. From time to time Glasnevin Cemetery Museum or other authorised third parties may carry out photography or other recording at the venue and any images or recordings may feature visitors. Visitors consent to the use of such images by Glasnevin Cemetery Museum in connection with advertising, promotions or monitoring and acknowledge that the copyright in such images rests with Glasnevin Cemetery Museum and/or any authorised third party.
5. Pets or animals (with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs) are expressly prohibited within Glasnevin Cemetery Museum.
12.1 When you register with us as a funeral director you will be issued with unique password which allows you to access the burial and cremation database in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You are responsible for the security and proper use of this password and must take all reasonable steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and is not disclosed to anybody else. You agree to notify us immediately if your password is lost or misused. Subject to appropriate security checks, you will be issued with a new password.
12.2 We reserve the right to suspend or terminate forthwith your right to use you burial and cremation database if we have reason to believe that your password is being misused.
13. Website Access
13.1 We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is fully operational at all times. However, due to the nature of interactive services and the internet generally, we cannot guarantee that the Website will be free from delays, interruptions or errors and access to the Website may be suspended (whether by us or due to external causes) temporarily and/or without notice. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the Website not being available (whether for internal processing reasons or otherwise).
13.2 We may restrict, suspend or terminate your use of the Website if it believes that you have breached these Terms and Conditions at any time. The suspension or termination of the Website will be without prejudice to any rights which we may have against you in respect of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
14.1 This Website contains links to other websites operated by third parties. Such links are provided for your convenience only. Please be aware that we make no representations whatsoever about any other Websites which you may access through our website or which may link to our website. When you access any other web site you understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over the content or availability or privacy practices of that website.
14.2 No hypertext linking from any third party website to this Website shall be permitted without our express written consent.
15. Limitation of Liability
15.1 Whilst all reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any information contained on the Website is correct (including burial and cremation data), we give no representations or warranties, express or implied in relation to the accuracy or completeness of said information.
15.2 Due to the fact that we cannot guarantee that our website will be fault free or that the information contained on the Website will be correct, we do not accept any liability for any damage or loss suffered by you (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential loss, including loss of profits) arising as a result of the website or the information contained therein (including any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in such information or any faults, interruptions or delays in connection with the Website).
15.3 Please note that any limitations or exclusions set out in these terms and conditions of sale shall not operate to affect any statutory rights to which you are entitled as a consumer.
Our Group VAT registration number is: IE 9686043C.
If you have any complaints or comments on our on-line shop, items supplied and/or the Website, please contact us at [email protected]
16. Monumental Sculptors Contractor Procedures
16.1 TO REGISTER as a monumental sculptor to carry out works in Glasnevin Trusts Cemeteries. The following documentation is required:
- Please confirm that you have appropriate & up-to-date Safety Statement
- Code of Practice – to be signed by the owner and all employees
- Method Statement for all works (erecting headstone, renovation, sandblasting (use of Silica Sand) & additional inscriptions, etc.) specific to our Lawn cemeteries (Palmerstown, Newlands Cross & Dardistown) using the Health and Safety Authority’s “Safe System of Work Plan (SSWP) – Working in Graveyards and Cemeteries”.
- Method Statement for all works (erecting headstone, renovation, sandblasting (use of Silica Sand) & additional inscriptions, etc.) specific to our Victorian Garden Cemeteries; Glasnevin & Goldenbridge using the Health and Safety Authority’s “Safe System of Work Plan (SSWP) – Working in Graveyards and Cemeteries”.
- Photocopy of valid Safe Pass certificates for all monumental sculptors & contractors/crew members, All Monumental Sculptor Company team members must have completed a FAS safe pass programme.
- A list of Licence Plates for all vehicles requiring access to Glasnevin Trusts Cemeteries and copy of each vehicle’s Motor Insurance Certificate, or Fleet Insurance Certificate confirming cover for “any vehicle belonging to, on loan to or leased by the Insured” is also acceptable. Certificate of insurance must unambiguously confirm that each vehicle is insured for “Business Use”.
- All staff employed by the applicant should be registered with Glasnevin Trust; changes in staff should also be communicated to Glasnevin Trust by letter or email.
- Confirmation of Liability insurance details.
The Liability insurance details MUST include:
- Title of Insured
- Name of reputable insurer
- Policy Number
- Period of Insurance
- Business description (i.e. Stonemason, Monument Sculptor, Erector of monuments/headstones)
- Limits of Indemnity which must be no lower than €13,000,000 in respect of Employers Liability and €6,500,000 in respect of Public & Products Liability
- Details of any Warranties & Conditions precedent contained within the insurance policy
- Specific indemnity to GLASNEVIN TRUST must also be noted.
COVID-19 requirements –
- Work Safely Protocol - Checklist No. 8 (Contact tracing Policy) must be completed & signed each time you enter our sites by your driver.
- If more than one person in the van this must be answered for all.
Please go to https://www.glasnevintrust.ie/funeral-services/downloads/ to download a copy of the Policy and Permit application, this document includes Checklist No.8 mentioned above.
16.2 TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR APPROVAL for any monumental works in Glasnevin Trust Cemeteries, The following is required:
1. Details requested on the MANDATORY application forms DCC1 and DCC2 should be completed in full and signed
2. A sketch of the proposed monument (showing dimensions) and for inscriptions (including additional) the full wording should be included on MANDATORY form DCC3 and signed by the applicant
3. The sculptor should ensure that the applicant is the owner (or next of kin) of the plot in question. Proof of purchase must be provided if requested.
Forms can be downloaded at https://www.glasnevintrust.ie/funeral-services/downloads/
16.3 On completion of the application forms the following should be EMAILED to the relevant Cemetery:
Glasnevin - [email protected]
Palmerstown - [email protected]
Goldenbridge - [email protected]
Newlands Cross - [email protected]
Dardistown - [email protected]
A. Completed DCC1, DCC2, and DCC3 forms.
B. The appropriate fee.
16.4 Permits will be issued once the application is approved and the foundation(s) are inspected/built. The relevant Cemetery office will contact you when the foundation has been built.
Any issues with the application will need to be resolved prior to the permit being issued.
Please Note: Glasnevin Cemetery (certain sections) and Golden Bridge are considered conservation areas, and as such have specific requirements on the type of works that are allowed.
Limestone/ Granite (unpolished only)
NO KERBING OR COVERING STONES ALLOWED.
16.5 You will then need to contact the relevant Cemetery Official –
Glasnevin Cemetery & Goldenbridge (Jimmy Whelan)
(Ph: 01-8826500, Mobile: 086–0441965)
Dardistown Cemetery (Derek Donohoe)
(Ph: 01-8424677, Mobile: 086-3038346)
Newlands Cross & Palmerstown Cemetery (David Thompson)
(Ph: 01-4592288, Mobile: 087-2077283)
Please notify the relevant cemetery official by 12 noon the day before to notify them of the list of all works planned for the following day(s).
16.6 All permits must be available for inspection prior to entry (Note: Gate 6 Prospect Square for Glasnevin). Permit numbers must be supplied when booking an appointment.
16.7 Sandblasting works must be reported on application to the cemetery office.
16.8 Once work has been completed, the Cemetery Official will again inspect the stone to ensure that all Rules and Regulations have been adhered to and that the condition of the grave and surrounding areas have not been impacted by the works carried out. If any issues arise, the applicant will be notified within 48 Hours requesting that the issues raised be addressed.
Monumental Rules and Regulation for Glasnevin Trust Cemeteries
Glasnevin Trust operates 4 different Cemetery locations, all with their own specific Monumental rules and regulations:
- Glasnevin Cemetery (including Goldenbridge Graves)
- Palmerstown Cemetery
- Dardistown Cemetery
- Newlands Cross Cemetery